When you’re browsing through videos of architecture or other types of design you may encounter one that really appeals to you. Unfortunately that couple of seconds when it appears may be sandwiched by hours of video on both sides – and what if you’re really not interested in the rest of it but would just like to keep that one short scene and save it?
To do that, you need to know how to ‘split’ your design videos so that you can break it into segments and then remove the segments you don’t need while keeping the one that you do. It may sound complicated, but with the help of the Movavi Video Editor it’s actually something that you can take care of in just a couple of minutes.
To cut video and split it, all you need to do is follow these steps:
- Add the design video that you’d like to split to the Movavi Video Editor by clicking on the ‘Add Media Files’ button and selecting it.
- Wait for the video to appear in the ‘Timeline’ and then click it and move the red marker to the point where you’d like to split it.
- Click on the ‘Scissors’ icon to split the video in two at the point where the red marker is located.
- If you need to, repeat the process until the segment you want is isolated and then select the other segments (by clicking on them) and delete them by pressing the ‘Delete’ key.
- When you’re done, save your video by clicking ‘Export’.
If you like you could take advantage of the other features of the Movavi Video Editor to enhance the quality of your videos, add background music, merge different clips together, or even insert customizable text. More importantly, you could automatically optimize your video for specific devices and platforms by selecting one of the hundreds of presets that are available.
Whatever the case, at very least now you won’t need to save an entire lengthy video just for a few seconds of amazing design that you really like.